Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Walk in the Rain


I just read a quote which I think goes along with yesterday's blog.

"Some people walk in the rain,others just get wet"

I'm reminded of a walk in the rain of my own. This was a literal walk in the rain.

Ben and I had traveled to TN to attend an awards convocation where Mitchell would be receiving a generous scholarship from an architecture firm in that area. I donned my best gray suit, put extra effort into fixing my hair and makeup and wore my 3.5" black heels.

We met Mitchell at his dorm and planned to walk to the building where the banquet would be held. Of course, it rained. Well, it drizzled but still by the time we arrived at our destination my hair didn't look so good and my feet were wet because I removed the 3.5" heels so that I could actually walk.

I could have fussed and been in a foul mood for the rest of the evening. Instead we had quite a good chuckle over it all. Ben even commented to one observer of my shoeless trek that we were from WV as if that explained it all.

I did get wet but best of all I had a "walk in the rain" with my hilarious husband and talented son!

I pray that I can always see things in that light... to choose to see circumstances as a "walk in the rain" rather than complaining because I'm getting wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment